VSEEC excursion.

Today two of the grades went on an excursion to the Victorian Space Science Education Centre. This is a science place where they teach younger children about science. When we went to the science centre we learnt about Static Electricity and about Mars. When we focused on Static Electricity we started of by learning about positive and negative and that when you rub two things that either have a positive or negative bass that they will either attract to each other or repel towards each other. Then after that we made dancing robots because this unit was about normal electricity and how it is made. We first had to make a light globe lite up using a light globe, a battery and cabels. Once we had finished on that unit it was our turn to go to Mars so first we go into our space suits and get ready to go to Mars. OncYe we were ready our grade was split and half of us went to Mars and the other half went to mission control I went to mission control and our job was to make sure that the mission for the people on Mars was safe. We were in groups and each group worked on a computer, each computer was delegating a different important part my group andlooking after the air. That meant that our job was to make sure that the people on Mars had enough oxygen and that the bad air doesn’t leak into their suits. afyer the mission had completed we swapt over and we went into mission control. Again in mission control we had to be in groups and each group had a different job to do, my group and I were engineers. Also infront of you and your group was a computer and on the computer were a group from mission control and they are asking you some questions about the certain expererment that you and your group are doing. At the end you and your group had to evacuate because there was a virus and it wasn’t safe so we got out with 5 onds to go.

This has by far been my favourite excursion because it was really enjoyable and I learnt a lot.

Here are some photos from the excursion.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

What was your favourite part of the excursion?